Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just started on polishing my gp100 and wow, this is going to require more than I had originally thought. I'm committed to the project and took some pics, but you really can't see the improvement on the camera, even tho I can see a really nice improvement on it.
If I can figure out how to get a pic on here I'll post them on the progress.

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
I believe you. Polishing is arduous. My SP took some time... the GP must REALLY take some time! ;) I wish you luck and look forward to the finished product.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Yup. It a process. Mother's Mag and an old T-shirt and lots of time. May as well set up in front of the TV and while away the hours.

·
Registered
31 Posts

I've only just started on the barrel. This was the first going over. I'm thinking it will take quite a few more.

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
I bought mine expressly for hunting so I'm going to leave mine as is, but yours sure will look nice when you're done.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Nah, not really. I have enough polishing compound to keep me going for a very long time. If it gets one it'll be easy (at least I hope) to buff out.
One thing I've noticed is the turtle wax high mirror polish I bought puts a true mirror shine on it. I am very glad I bought it along with the mothers.
What I've been doing is using the mothers to get a really nice shine then using the turtle wax polish to get that truly mirror shine on it, and WOW does this combination work very well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts