Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 3inch GP-100 of course. I had considered trading it for a Wiley Clapp GP-100, but I like this one so this is what I'm doing.

Altamont grips:

Tucker Gun Leather Holster:

I will order a front sight from either Gemini or XS, haven't decided on that yet.

All is functional but good looking.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,332 Posts

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
I have an XS Sight Systems, Inc. - Main Page tritium front sight on my 4" fixed-sight GP100 (see Avatar) and couldn't be happier! Easy to install too! Highly recommend the XS sight!

That leather is beautiful!

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Sometimes the best "new gun" is just taking the gun you have to a whole new level. Bet yours shoots just as good as any WC if not better. Well played.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Great looking gun but all of mine have their own specialties that I admire.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I have had my .44 Alaskan for several years but want to put XS sights on it, then it will be a whole new gun to me:)

I like the idea of using what you have, if you got a good one, might as well "upgrade" that one rather than spend $7-800 on an unknown that might not shoot as well.

·
Banned
551 Posts
I do admire that leather (and the gun), I want one.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have had my .44 Alaskan for several years but want to put XS sights on it, then it will be a whole new gun to me:)

I like the idea of using what you have, if you got a good one, might as well "upgrade" that one rather than spend $7-800 on an unknown that might not shoot as well.
I am on the same boat.

I think of my heavy revolver as the last one I am going to buy. Shoots straight out of the box ... now i need it to make it faster.
Like 1/2 Miculecks units of speed would be nice

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, let's see, I got the new Altamont Grips for my GP-100, but instead of a Tucker holster, I ordered a Tom Threepersons from El Paso Saddlery..Mainly, I decided to save the Tucker Gun Leather for my SR-1911 Commander....

I haven't found a new front sight. XS says they don't make one for the 3 inch GP-100, the only other company I found is Gemini Customs....and I have to get a gunsmith to install them...sooo, I'm gonna wait...I wish this picture was better, but I can't find my camera, so I used my phone...I would have ordered a belt slide ammo carrier, but I always carry ammo for this pistol in the Bianchi speed strips in my pocket...they don't rattle and they're easy to find.

I consider this to be my most practical pistol of all. It's tough, reliable, and if I load it hot enough there isn't much it won't take down where I'm likely to be...it's also very accurate. With Winchester White box 158 grain 38s I can put 6 holes in an 8 inch circle fairly rapid fire double action at 25 feet....

Attachments

·
Registered
995 Posts
Well, let's see, I got the new Altamont Grips for my GP-100, but instead of a Tucker holster, I ordered a Tom Threepersons from El Paso Saddlery..Mainly, I decided to save the Tucker Gun Leather for my SR-1911 Commander....

I haven't found a new front sight. XS says they don't make one for the 3 inch GP-100, the only other company I found is Gemini Customs....and I have to get a gunsmith to install them...sooo, I'm gonna wait...I wish this picture was better, but I can't find my camera, so I used my phone...I would have ordered a belt slide ammo carrier, but I always carry ammo for this pistol in the Bianchi speed strips in my pocket...they don't rattle and they're easy to find.

I consider this to be my most practical pistol of all. It's tough, reliable, and if I load it hot enough there isn't much it won't take down where I'm likely to be...it's also very accurate. With Winchester White box 158 grain 38s I can put 6 holes in an 8 inch circle fairly rapid fire double action at 25 feet....
I see you're from Poplar Bluff. Just a heads up....The guys at Shooters Shack will remove and install a front sight for you pretty cheap. I'm an hour west of you and frequent their shop quite a bit.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm in there a lot too. Alan is my neighbor. I'll talk to him tomorrow and talk to XS some more, maybe I didn't make myself clear or I just got the wrong person.

Gemini might be an option if I can get Alan to do the work.

Trigg, I grew up between Doniphan and Grandin, a long time ago.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
extremely sweet

1 - 17 of 17 Posts