Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
2,566 Posts
Bet the turbulence in that valley was rough with the fire and all the heat rising up.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Seeing that way too often this summer.

·
Dog Soldier
1,782 Posts
DC10 laying retardant downhill on the left flank. If I'm not mistaken it has a capacity of 21-23,000 gallons of "mud".

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
I'm calling BS. I know , buzz kill.
I don't think it is BS.
I have seen C-47 'Spooky' and C-130 gunships do loop-de-loops that I would have thought impossible as they were blasting the enemy with 20MM Gatling guns as "Puff the Magic Dragon".
I was one of many young soldiers strapped into a C-130 taking off under heavy fire and experienced the incredible evasive maneuvers.

These fire fighting pilots are the best of the best and deserve a lot more credit than they receive.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I hope the hillside is descending faster than the sink rate of that 737! Speaking of fire bombers, one of the best films about that I have seen is "Always". The opening scenes are worth the price of admission! :D Hint: PBY filling its water tanks! :eek: OBOY!
Watch it with the wife..she will enjoy it as much as you do!

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
I bet that plane pops up some after shedding 80 - 100 tons pretty quickly. I've never seen one of those may a drop but have seen a lot of the S-2s &S-2Ts make drops, they always seemed to try to drop on my dozer!

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,546 Posts

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
John Lindsey likes:

Other
Barack Obama
Dalai Lama
Wimp.com
Left Action
Organic Consumers Association

:rolleyes: :confused: :D
He's still the one who took the picture, and a bunch of other great pictures.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
I hope the hillside is descending faster than the sink rate of that 737! Speaking of fire bombers, one of the best films about that I have seen is "Always". The opening scenes are worth the price of admission! :D Hint: PBY filling its water tanks! :eek: OBOY!
DC-10

·
Registered
2,466 Posts

Flyboy :confused:...............That's no 737.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
From the distance and angle the picture is taken, you have no idea how close the plane is to the ground. That hillside could be right in front of him and the plane a LONG way off, which makes obvious sense, in light of the plane dumping fire retardant and a photographer would not be close

1 - 20 of 24 Posts