Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some people build swimming pools in their back yards. But outdoor pools in Alaska just won't work.
Since this particular family lives on the outskirts of Anchorage , they decided to build a sturdy, colorful playground for their 3 and 4 year old sons, with smooth-stone gravel all around it to avoid knee scrapes and other injuries.
They finished building it on Saturday evening, and the following morning, as the mom was about to wake up the boys and have them go out to play in their new play center, this is what she saw from the upstairs window:
(guess it gives a whole new meaning to "build it and they will come")

·
Registered
714 Posts
Thanks JB!

That has got to be one of the funniest and greatist critter pics Ive seen this year.

I suppose they will just have to build a REALLY strong fence around the play set, or establish appropriate hours for bear play. :D

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its funny because the boys wanted to get their Tonka truck and Tug boat out of the area because they thought the bears would eat them.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
"If you go into the woods today..." How many of you great big macho guys remember the song "Teddy Bears Picnic"? Well, here, they're gettin' even!!! I'd love to have seen a video...when I was a kid they'd tear into our screenporch and eat our garbage-we'd watch them through the kitchen window 2 feet away...they're just like kids!!!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Some pretty neat pics. We only have a small black bear population in eastern Ky but I'm going to send them on to a few people I know. I'll have some of these modern mamas thinking we're being invaded here around Louisville.:D
Baker

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
the kids next door came by to play a while. Thanks for sharing with us.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts