1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Well I like it!

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Kinda surprised there are no comments -- views, no comments. Anyone own a Turnbull gun? Anyone own a Colt? Hello?
pawneefork - I need some more info to digest what I'm seeing (I'm not real knowledgeable on the SA world). Is a Turnbull Colt a Colt that has been aftermarket "souped up" by Turnbull? Or does Turnbull manufacture the gun entirely based on the original Colt design? Or?

I see it's an expensive gun - about $1K over the price of a new Colt made by Colt, right?

"Ivory" grips are still simulated ivory? Or the real deal?

I like the case color frame and blue combo - have grown to prefer that look over gloss SS/nickel. Unfortunately not an authentic finish Ruger can offer in the Vaquero/New Vaquero.

Sorry for the apparent lack of enthusiasm. I guess many of us tend to be so die-hard Ruger fans we feel like a scorned woman when we see someone rid themselves of their Ruger for "another woman".... :D

It's a sweet looking revolver. This would be a SA you would carry with the hammer on an empty chamber, no?

Wave

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Turnbull

Beautiful piece. I have a Specialty Grade L.C.Smith 16 gauge that I sent to Turnbull to restore. His attention to detail, as is notable on you SAA is uncanny. On my Smith he didn't add a thing except a period correct recoil pad to lengthen the pull. So congrats on a beautiful piece, IMHO, I'd let the loading gate go.:)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
pawneefork - I need some more info to digest what I'm seeing (I'm not real knowledgeable on the SA world). Is a Turnbull Colt a Colt that has been aftermarket "souped up" by Turnbull? Or does Turnbull manufacture the gun entirely based on the original Colt design? Or?

I see it's an expensive gun - about $1K over the price of a new Colt made by Colt, right?

"Ivory" grips are still simulated ivory? Or the real deal?

I like the case color frame and blue combo - have grown to prefer that look over gloss SS/nickel. Unfortunately not an authentic finish Ruger can offer in the Vaquero/New Vaquero.

Sorry for the apparent lack of enthusiasm. I guess many of us tend to be so die-hard Ruger fans we feel like a scorned woman when we see someone rid themselves of their Ruger for "another woman".... :D

It's a sweet looking revolver. This would be a SA you would carry with the hammer on an empty chamber, no?

Wave

Hey Waveform. Sorry if you came late. Colt/Turnbull collaboration. It might be 1 of 200 made in 1998. Real ivory. Five rounds.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Called who? I'm buying it from a distributor.

This comment sounds clipped -- like it was going to be "You should have called us," where the 'us' is assumed by the context and the brevity of the statement. Are you with Colt, or DT?
You stated that you sold a Ruger Vaquero. All I was saying was "you should have called" no big deal. Get over it.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Man's got to do, what a man's got to do..... ;)
Nice handgun.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Thanks for the info - sounds pretty special. I've lusted after a Colt SAA New Frontier but at 3X the price of a Vaquero it's too rich for my blood. Hope you can post some photos after you get your Turnbull Colt.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts