Ruger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
It was only a matter of time before the challenge came. It may have been passed by Congress, but does not fit with the latest NYRPA ruling that the sole test is text, history, and tradition. So let’s hope it goes bye bye.
I am not going to hold my breath on getting a refund for the 'illegal' Tax Stamps I had to buy.

Bruce

·
Super Moderator
6,139 Posts
I am not going to hold my breath on getting a refund for the 'illegal' Tax Stamps I had to buy.

Bruce
I agree, just because it’s the right answer doesn’t mean that will happen. The outcry over NYRPA by the left will sound like a whisper if the NFA is ever repealed. And yea, me too. I got the equivalent of a couple very nice guns in illegal tax stamps.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Yeah, if you thought there was an uproar over the Bruen decision and Roe vs Wade, imagine what kind of teeth gnashing and pearl grabbing there will be if the NFA is deemed unconstitutional. Full auto rifles, or the so called assault weapons, would be a reality along with silencers, short barrel rifles and shotguns. Not sure what else the NFA covers.

Edit: After further research, the NFA only imposed a tax on those items, it is actually the GCA of 1968 that prohibits the import or manufacture of machine guns for private purposes, so not much would change there except for the $200 tax being removed.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Some more food for thought. This article says there are over 2.66 million supperossor's in the U.S. now. Not to mention SBR'S and a few other things.
2.66 million X $200.00= a lot of money !!!

·
Registered
Ruger .44 Carbine, Security-Six, Service-Six, Mini-14, .30 Carbine Blackhawk
1,436 Posts
VOTE them OUT .
Of course, I been hearing that since I was a kid (and I'm old now)

The problem is that when they finally do get replaced,
their replacements generally turn out to be as bad or worse.

• Sad
Reactions: Foundation Horse

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have no use for full-auto but I would love to SBR an AK pistol and suppress my .22s and 9mm's. Oh, .300 blackout too. :) I would say it ain't gonna happen but then it would not be the first thing this court overturned.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts