Ruger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a couple of holsters I made and with both threads I was asked to share other holsters I have done. I have been busy lately and just haven’t had time post much. So here we go.

This is just a hobby for me. I would rather make a holster than waste my time watching TV so it’s all just for fun. Heck I would rather watch paint dry than watch TV.

The first post was the holster I made for my Security Six. I took that pattern and adjusted it to make one for my 1989 3” GP100. Shown below are both.

I made this avenger style holster for my S&W Shields I have.

Here is a pocket holster I made for my Charter Arms Undercover

I posted the first holster at made for my SP101. Well I made a few more since then.

Here is the one I made for my Kimber Micro 9. I really like this one.

The holster below is the same pattern I used for the SP101. I made this holster for my Charter Arms Mag Pug.

I have made others but that should do for now

·
Premium Member
2,380 Posts
Good work and they look amazing. Nice to see the workmanship. They look good and appear to be functional. Good job.

·
Registered
16,896 Posts
You do some nice work.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Good looking holsters.
I envy people who have that artisan touch....good job.

·
Registered
7,742 Posts
I posted a couple of holsters I made and with both threads I was asked to share other holsters I have done. I have been busy lately and just haven’t had time post much. So here we go.

This is just a hobby for me. I would rather make a holster than waste my time watching TV so it’s all just for fun. Heck I would rather watch paint dry than watch TV.

The first post was the holster I made for my Security Six. I took that pattern and adjusted it to make one for my 1989 3” GP100. Shown below are both.

I made this avenger style holster for my S&W Shields I have.

Here is a pocket holster I made for my Charter Arms Undercover

I posted the first holster at made for my SP101. Well I made a few more since then.

Here is the one I made for my Kimber Micro 9. I really like this one.

The holster below is the same pattern I used for the SP101. I made this holster for my Charter Arms Mag Pug.

I have made others but that should do for now
Very nice work sir ... do you use a hand stitching tool or some other method?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very nice work sir ... do you use a hand stitching tool or some other method?
I draw the sewing lines with a spacer set tool. I then make then punch out the wholes with an AWL or 1/16 drill. Then saddle stitch it up.

Thanks for the comments.

·
Registered
7,742 Posts
I draw the sewing lines with a spacer set tool. I then make then punch out the wholes with an AWL or 1/16 drill. Then saddle stitch it up.

Thanks for the comments.
I was thinking you did it that way ... I've sewn some leather with a sewing awl and if you aren't careful you'll get halfway down a seam and the waxed thread will break, then you hear me cuss halfway across the state ...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was thinking you did it that way ... I've sewn some leather with a sewing awl and if you aren't careful you'll get halfway down a seam and the waxed thread will break, then you hear me cuss halfway across the state ...
Oh yeah sewing takes some time when doing it by hand. It's longest part of it. I have had my fair share of cussing moments with it.

I have one of those sewing awls but never used it. The last piece I made I used a 1/16th inch drill bit and it as by far the easiest method so far. Some frown on using a drill bit while others suggest it. Time will tell how it hold up.

·
Registered
7,742 Posts
Oh yeah sewing takes some time when doing it by hand. It's longest part of it. I have had my fair share of cussing moments with it.

I have one of those sewing awls but never used it. The last piece I made I used a 1/16th inch drill bit and it as by far the easiest method so far. Some frown on using a drill bit while others suggest it. Time will tell how it hold up.
IMHO it's not how the holes are made but the spacing and keeping the stitch tight as you go through the next ...

Yours looks pretty dang good sir ...

·
Registered
4 Posts
VERY NICE work

I envy guys with talent like you have. Would be interested in a purchase if you ever decided to go that route, Again, great craftsmanship!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
108 Posts
I really love your work and because I have made a few holsters for myself,i know how much work it is.
Do you have a machine or stitch by hand. I mark for stitching then drill the holes and sew with 2 needles.

·
Registered
7,742 Posts
I really love your work and because I have made a few holsters for myself,i know how much work it is.
Do you have a machine or stitch by hand. I mark for stitching then drill the holes and sew with 2 needles.
Read a few post up, he drills and sews by hand ...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts