Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my .17hmr stainless today and added the maple burl grips from chigsgrips...the cookie cutter rosewood factory grips don't get it anymore. My Williams firesights should arrive Thursday. I have the same revolver in blue finish and thought I would complete the Ruger offering in this caliber SA!

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
Just picked up my .17hmr stainless today and added the maple burl grips from chigsgrips...the cookie cutter rosewood factory grips don't get it anymore. My Williams firesights should arrive Thursday. I have the same revolver in blue finish and thought I would complete the Ruger offering in this caliber SA!
I have the 5.5" version. Those grips looks really nice! Did you order the firesights direct from Williams? I've been searching for a green/green set like comes on some single sixes factory but all I've found is red/green. What color are yours?

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the 5.5" version. Those grips looks really nice! Did you order the firesights direct from Williams? I've been searching for a green/green set like comes on some single sixes factory but all I've found is red/green. What color are yours?
I ordered them from OpticsPlanet and they are green/red! The green/green came factory with my Single Nine .22wmr. Seems to be a Ruger thing to get the green/green...not sure?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I ordered them from OpticsPlanet and they are green/red! The green/green came factory with my Single Nine .22wmr. Seems to be a Ruger thing to get the green/green...not sure?
Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I've been meaning to call Williams and ask them about the green/green but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I've been meaning to call Williams and ask them about the green/green but I haven't gotten around to it yet.
I prefer the green/red over the green/green on my .22mag...just lights up better for me on the front sight! Good luck with Williams. :)

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
Nice. Those grips look great on a stainless.

·
Registered
8,731 Posts
Sweet ...

·
Corps Commander NGV
5,412 Posts
Nice revolver wearing beautiful grips! I have a pair of Chig's grips on a Vaquero and they feel so good in my hand. Show us a range report w/ pics when you have a chance to put rounds downrange. My only .17HMR is a rifle, and .22Mag ammo is never on the shelf at stores while the .17 is always in stock. The 9.5" Super Single Six in my avatar doesn't get shot nearly as much as it should because I hesitate to shoot up the last of it's preferred Win Super-X loads since I can't replace them.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice revolver wearing beautiful grips! I have a pair of Chig's grips on a Vaquero and they feel so good in my hand. Show us a range report w/ pics when you have a chance to put rounds downrange. My only .17HMR is a rifle, and .22Mag ammo is never on the shelf at stores while the .17 is always in stock. The 9.5" Super Single Six in my avatar doesn't get shot nearly as much as it should because I hesitate to shoot up the last of it's preferred Win Super-X loads since I can't replace them.
I don't belong to a public range as I shoot on my own property. I have steel paddle targets set up at 10, 25 and 40 yards. I'm hell on the 10 and so,so on the 25. The 40 is hit and miss with my .17's. The single nine is much tighter, but like you said the .22wmr is scarce and I have 4 boxes I'm holding onto until supplies loosen up! I will post up some paper target results down the road! Happy Shooting! :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts