Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As i said im a big 1911 fan i carry one everyday

here Some pics of um

Les Baer Thunder Ranch Hard Chrome 1.5.. Took 25 Weeks to get this one as i ordered it my way .. my Latest

Wilson CQB Elite

Ed Brown Special Forces

Another Les Baer Thunder Ranch

And my PII 1.5 ok i'll stop now though i have more :)

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,707 Posts
Bud White, You sure got my attention! Keep 'em commin'. Very nice stuff!!!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks my Old lady even likes 1911's i bought her a colt for her birthday couple years ago .. course i got the next serial # of the same model

·
Registered
121 Posts
Very nice. I really like that Wilson CQB Elite. One day I'll get another 1911. My last couple of models just didn't work out so well.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks All

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Colt or Dan Wesson inspect both before buying for fit finish and smoothness.. Very few MIM parts in these 2

Springfields are good also ...But they have a lot of MIM parts which i dont like and have been know to fail .. i will say I have never had a springfield MIM part fail..

I have owned most brands out there and those are all i will recommend in the price range

·
Registered
995 Posts
Colt or Dan Wesson inspect both before buying for fit finish and smoothness.. Very few MIM parts in these 2

Springfields are good also ...But they have a lot of MIM parts which i dont like and have been know to fail .. i will say I have never had a springfield MIM part fail..

I have owned most brands out there and those are all i will recommend in the price range
What do you think of the S&W? They seem pretty nice and have had good write ups

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I had one .. I no longer do and service on it 3 times left a lot to be desired .. and the external extract and a grip safety system that is ifffy .. No a smith wheelie buy one in a heartbeat another smith 1911 it better be dang cheap for me to even think about it

·
Registered
155 Posts
Bud White, Well now that you have "baited" us, let's see the "rest" of the 1911 story!................Dick PS: By the way, what part of Michigan do you hail from? Your name is trying to ring a bell in my "memory" from when I had my gunshop in Tawas Township, Michigan

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm down in wayne

1 - 20 of 58 Posts