Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome in the new members section. I thought I would post a few pics of the three Ruger firearms I currently own. I have owned many more in the past; but always seem to have more than one Ruger in my collection.

New Vaquero 5.5" 45LC (that is a M94 Winchester in the background; crescent butt; 20" tapered octagon barrel; 45LC. One of the last made in New Haven; a very fine piece. I recently bought the Vaquero as it's mate) The New Vaquero was mfg in 2006 and has the color case finish. Both the rifle and handgun were mfg within a year of each other and make a fine match.

[URL="
[/URL]

OM Vaquero Birdshead grip; 3.5" barrel 45LC. I traded a OM Vaquero Bisley 44mag for it. I am an avid fly fisherman and wanted a smaller ruger to take with me to bear country. This pistol is a beast. It has been across the country many times and always accompanies me to the Florida grass flats as gator insurance. I am sending it, as I type, to Bowen Classic Arms for additional "Trail Mods". On it's return I'll post before and after pics with a complete list of modifications.

[URL="
[/URL]

A pic of the two Vaquero's for comparison

Last, A pic of my Ruger Scout. Probably my favorite Ruger. I have posted this rifle many times on several boards( as Enforcer) as well as my blog. During deer season it is usually in the hands of one of my teenage boys:D

Hope you enjoy

Regards

Rod

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Very nice!

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Great photos of great guns.
Love the Birdshead..... :D
Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UPDATE

I snatched the birds head from the fedex guy just in time. I have instead sent the revolver to Ruger to have the front sight replaced. Ruger is also going to refinish the the ol' gal in "satin". All for no charge. It should be back in my hands next week.

The change of mind occurred when Ruger called me back and said they would fix the sight, even though I was the one who messed it up. Lets just say, I am pretty talented in a lot of areas but smithin' ain't one of 'em.

I also found a local smith who can fit a un-fluted cylinder; serrate the front sight and checker the grips for far less than Bowen. I am also hoping we can figure out a way to attach a lanyard loop to the bottom of the grip. I have used a local machinist for other projects; I may drop by to see if he can work his magic. Bowen can't or will not do it. I can't really blame them because they do fine work; it appears my requests are a little outside their SOP;) . Once all mods are complete I'll be sure to post some pics.

Regards

Rod

·
Registered
9,172 Posts
You've got some nice shootin' irons there. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Those birdsheads are amazing... makes me wish I would have held off on buying my Colt Defender so I could throw the money at one of those....

·
Registered
285 Posts
Wow, reallly like those photos, the GS is my next purchase. What kind of scope do you have on it?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow, reallly like those photos, the GS is my next purchase. What kind of scope do you have on it?
Sorry for such a late reply; completely lost track of this thread. The scope on the GSR is a Burris 1.5x Scout Scope. Burris only offers the Scout in a 2.75x as of now.

Regards

Rod

BTW for those who haven't seen it, my Birds head has changed considerably

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Really nice.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts