Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are a couple of my Ruger SA's that I had the barrels swapped out for longer ones.

This is my old Single Six that started out life with a 5-1/2" barrel. Back in the early 70's I had the barrel cut down by a so-called "Gunsmith". He did a really poor job of it. I was able to find the 9-1/2" barrel on eBay:

This is my Bisley Vaquero in .44 magnum. It originally had a 4-5/8" barrel on it. I like the looks of this model with a longer barrel, so I picked up the 7-1/2" barrel (Again on eBay) and had it installed:

The work was done by Sam Damewood in NM. If you need some quality work done, check him out:

http://sam.damewood.googlepages.com/home

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Good looking guns! It is kind of funny, I think, how we gun guys are never happy with the dang guns the way we get them. I would rather have had the shorter barrels myself, while you must like the longer barrels. I have thought about getting a SBH I have with a 7 1/2 barrel shortened, but as much as gunsmiths are these days I figure I could just buy another one or swap guns cheaper.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
I think a lot of gun nuts like us just like to fix them the way we want them. I can get anything else new and be happy with it, but when I get a new gun, the first thing I do is think of something I need to change about it. Think that the reason I like having them so much. :D

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
reach out and touch something with those.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really love the "Long Toms"......They balance great and are easier to shoot with my aging eyes!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts