Ruger Forum banner

Someone is sleeping in the barn

709 views 23 replies 24 participants last post by  FeralCatKillr 
#1 ·
Someone slept in my barn last night. Not sure what to do about that. Hope they don't come back. Well, Now I know whey the dogs were raising cain. :eek:

#6 ·
Maybe there was no room at the inn. ;)

#8 ·
:) well played

#9 ·
Perhaps the person was in need of shelter.. There was a time, when we didn't have an issue showing kindness to another human being by letting them sleep in our barns..

It is Christmas after all. Good will towards men.. What would Jesus do?

But that's just me...

#10 ·
There was also a time when we didn't feel the need to be armed, but times change.

Lock the barn and put a note on the door with the address of the nearest homeless shelter.

#13 ·
What would Jesus do? Maybe be like the rest of the immigrants - come in, expect everything for doing nothing and then try and change everything to suit his wants.

What's the harm/goodwill... ? Just guessing you don't keep your door open for strangers to just waltz in as they wish. Once turns into twice and soon can easily become a magnet for others (word gets out).

#17 ·
would cause some concern for me. Mary and Joseph had the Inn keepers permission to sleep in the manger, this person/persons did not.
Motion sensor lights, stay armed, and you may want to notify the police just so they are aware.

#20 ·
Unfortunately rendering assistance to others may cause unforeseen problems in today's world.

#21 ·
blackcrow: I would be very concerned about this. I would at the very least call your County Sheriff`s Office on this and file a report with them, and ask for their opinion and assistance. You could be dealing with a really dangerous or mentally deranged person, that the Sheriff`s Office is looking for. That would not think twice about hurting You or Your Family. Normal people do not sleep in a strangers Barn over night. Good Luck To You:
ken

#22 ·
Back in the day.....around 1974-75, my mom and dad decided to take a little trip for their 25th anniversary. Decided it might be a good idea to lock the house up while they were gone. They could not find their door keys, so the old man had to go buy new lock sets so they could take the trip in peace. House had never been locked since they bought it in 1954. Dad passed in 1997 and mom in 03. Dad had STILL not got around to putting a real door on his small storage shed. Just had a piece of plywood he would slide across (to hide the riding mower from sight) where the door should have been.

Today, I have a security system, a safe room and surveillance cameras that I can access from the net.

My how times have changed.......

#23 ·
I think the distinction here is they trespassed and occupied the barn without asking permission. It's one thing if someone comes to the door, preferably in daylight and says may I .... I'll be gone in the morning. Then the owner can decide for themselves.

I agree with those that say notify law enforcement. It could be a criminal hiding out or it could be someone that wasn't sleeping but actually casing out the house to rob or even do a home invasion. They may have been discouraged by the dogs. I have gotten cynical enough as the years have passed that I don't automatically assume because nothing bad happened last night it won't tonight.

#24 ·
I have gotten cynical enough as the years have passed that I don't automatically assume because nothing bad happened last night it won't tonight.
Blackcrow hasn't posted since 12/25. Maybe something did happen the following night!! :) :confused: :eek: :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.