Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was changing some grips on a gun today and discovered something I had completely forgotten about. When guys order a custom set of grips, they will usually want the grip screw to show on the right side of the gun since this is the side that's visible when the gun is in a holster. Of course this is for right handed guys. For the left handers, like I am, they will want just the opposite.

Anyway just before I quit making grips, I came up with a grip screw system that shows a screw head on each side of the gun. First off, it involves the grip screw spacers that I supplied with all my grips. But, one can also purchase those spacers that are threaded on the inside diameter. So, as you can see by the pictures below, it requires two short grip screws. You just insert a grip screw in one grip and screw the spacer on it and tighten it down. Then just place that grip on the gun and place the grip on the other side and screw in the other grip screw. Of course this required two unthreaded ferrules in the grips.

Of course, like I said, this is for really fussy people !

·
Registered
514 Posts
Not that I am that fussy but I always appreciate someone considering the southpaw. Nice touch and attention to detail on your wares, caryc!

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,679 Posts
I enjoy nice looking grips on a single action, but I never considered the grip screw. I guess I am not that fussy. 😄

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I enjoy nice looking grips on a single action, but I never considered the grip screw. I guess I am not that fussy. 😄
Some of my customers actually ordered grips with no visible screw on one side. Yes, there are fussy people around :)

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
Mr Chapman, just wanted to tell you that I still get compliments on the grips you made for my Single Six . Someone actually wanted to buy them from me, said NO.
Stay safe.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Thanks for sharing, adds a little more class to the presentation. Something I might use in the future, again thanks for sharing your experience.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts