Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am disappointed. It looks like the 44 special Blackhawks are no longer listed as a catalogued item. I suppose sales weren't good enough. I guess it's a good thing I put mine in order last week.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I don't think they were ever intended to be a forever catalogued item. Glad I bought my Lipseys Flattop Bisley when I did.

·
Banned
1,907 Posts
They did become a regular production item. But like other regular production models that do not sell in volumes like the faster moving models, they are made in group production runs.

As inventory of these models is depleted at distributors and dealers, a new production run will be made and they will again appear in the regular catalog. Case in point, you were able to order one even though they haven't been listed in the catalog for months now.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is true. I hadn't thought of that. As long as they are available from time to time that will work.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I took advantage of a Talo Exclusive offering through Davidsons on a Stainless Flattop in .44spl. All 99 available sold in less than two days!

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
I think those that wanted one (or two, or three, ...) have them. I know I do and they'll last my lifetime of shooting .44 Special. Sad to see it go, as for 'me' the .44Special beats the .44Mag for any of my needs.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Well I only wish I would have gotten one in 4-5/8 to go with my 5-1/2

·
Registered
906 Posts
Ahhh I didn't read your post correctly as I now see you must have meant the plow handle, a quick search of Ruger and lipseys site I see both still list the bisley model which is good for me because that is what I prefer, but only in blue, I would love to see them in stainless.
Once again I relearn the lesson to fully read and comprehend before posting
Some of us never learn

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
It's a chambering that appeals to a rather small percentage of the market of which it seemed most with the interest jumped as soon as they initially became available. Can't believe the sales for them has been too strong in their big picture. They've been readily available for quite some time now so kinda zero excuses for the "awwww, that's bad, they shouldn't do that, I really wanted one..." stuff. They provided the opportunity for quite a while, if someone didn't take advantage of it then... ;)

·
Registered
906 Posts
It's a chambering that appeals to a rather small percentage of the market of which it seemed most with the interest jumped as soon as they initially became available. Can't believe the sales for them has been too strong in their big picture. They've been readily available for quite some time now so kinda zero excuses for the "awwww, that's bad, they shouldn't do that, I really wanted one..." stuff. They provided the opportunity for quite a while, if someone didn't take advantage of it then... ;)
I would agree for the most part however I'm sure there are many members with tight budgets that probly can't always jump on a deal ( I was certainly one of those in my younger days ) so for them it's probably a bummer moment, I'm sure we have all been there

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
with tight budgets that probly can't always jump on a deal
Yep, been there with the Ruger Old Army in my younger days.... But now have several.... I think you'll see the flattops come and go, and will be able to find one. Like the Old Army, there was 3 at the last gun show I went to.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I bought a blued one when they were a dealer exclusive ,before they became a regular production gun . Mine shoots fantastic with 16 grains of accurate arms #9 and my cast 250 grain swc slugs.
It's the one gun that always seems to be with me in the mountains ,but since I get caught in a fair amount of rain and snow storms I talked myself into buying one of the stainless Talo ones a couple weeks ago. Haven't it yet .
Love the flattops .

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, I am really looking forward to getting my stainless Talo flattop. I know it is the way things work. Big companies like Ruger have to pay attention to sales numbers. But in all honesty, Ruger is dang good and working with dist. Like Talo, Lipseys, etc. and have been giving us some truly awesome revolvers!

·
Registered
871 Posts
Yeah, I am really looking forward to getting my stainless Talo flattop. I know it is the way things work. Big companies like Ruger have to pay attention to sales numbers. But in all honesty, Ruger is dang good and working with dist. Like Talo, Lipseys, etc. and have been giving us some truly awesome revolvers!
FYI...Chad at ChigsGrips is now offering grips that fit the Talo Flattop mid-frame. The stock black plastic just didn't do my Flattop justice, jus' sayin'

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
FYI...Chad at ChigsGrips is now offering grips that fit the Talo Flattop mid-frame.
Thanks for the info. I haven't decided for sure if I will keep the factory grips on it or not. I will have to wait until I have it in hand.

Dang that's too bad. I've always wanted to get one of these 44 Specials. Guess they'll be collector items now.
Eventually they might. But like others have said, There will still probably be runs now and then. Hopefully.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts