Ruger Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
People often wonder about checking handguns at Midway. Just did, simple as can be like other airports I frequent. Tell the Southwest person pointing you to the right check-in line you need to declare an unloaded firearm. She sends you to full service side. They have you complete the SW declaration and take you down the line to TSA, they swab, you're done. All professional, SW full-service staff very charming (of course so am I!). Since I'm a Chicago resident, I also technically need state FOID, city permit, and gun registration (all of which I carry) but needed none; the rest of you don't need those.

I have one (one) other good thing to say about IL: self-defense law says you can use lethal force if you "believe" your life or someone else's is in immediate danger (only "believe" is a quote). You do not have to "fear" for your life. Maybe just words, but who knows if one would "fear" or shift into a different mode?

Castle doctrine not bad either, intruder in home, "Use of deadly force justified. Specific legislation prevents filing claim against defender of dwelling. Illinois has no requirement of retreat." (Wikipedia-but I've read the law as well)

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One of the TSA techniques where they use a special piece of cloth that they wipe over luggage (in some cases people's hands) and insert into a sensor machine to check for explosive residue... they do this fairly often with luggage, sometimes hand luggage at check points as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.