Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gun didn't come with a pin to hold the spring tension for disassembly. Is there a good substitute? I requested one from Ruger but it's been a couple of weeks.

I would like to go ahead and do a thorough cleaning.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Paper clip, straight pin, small finishing nail, like rantingredneck said anything small enough to fit in the little hole on the hammer strut.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I just cut a proper dia. finishing nail off the right length to fit in the grip, rounded the cut end and never looked back. As said, anything that won't bend is good enough.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just received my new SP101 (.357 Mag). It too, was missing the disassembly pin. I contacted Ruger regarding this, and the reply was that as of April 2019 they are no longer including the disassembly pin with new revolvers. There is no mention of this in the materials that come with the revolver.

I will contact them further to suggest they probably should include a small insert to the manual letting purchasers know. I spent considerable time looking for something that was never there. But hey, at least my desk is now cleaner. :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
a small drill bit would also work. As mentioned, just about anything that would fit in the hole should work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts