Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my SP 101 Wiley Clapp about two weeks a go going to use for my daily Carrie finally got to take it to the range yesterday shoots very well and very controllable my wife and I put about 100 rounds of 38 through it and I put 25 rounds of Hornady critical defense 357's through it very manageable have other revolvers and pistols but never have owned one this small before I was surprised at how easily it handled should've bought one years ago thank you all for all the information on this site which helped me to decide to buy it

·
Registered
365 Posts
MM,
I know how you feel. I must have gone through a dozen CCW guns searching for the "right one". Purchased an SP and the search ended. A very under rated revolver. Sold off most of the others.

·
Registered
5,615 Posts
I've had my 2.25" SP101 in .357 magnum since December of 1994...bought it as a Christmas present to myself...it's still one of my favorite carry pieces!

You have chosen wisely!

Reactions: Roberto Renauld

·
Registered
638 Posts
The SP101 is an excellent revolver. It hits the sweet spot for comfortable shooting and is light enough for easy belt carry.

I had one over a decade ago and foolishly traded it away. I rectified that a couple days ago by grabbing another 2.25 incher. One quick range trip brought back the memories. Love my SP.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New member here. I get to pick up my new Wiley Clapp SP101 Monday. Can't wait to put some rounds through it. :)

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
The SP-101, especially with three-inch barrel, fills a useful niche not quite as well filled by any other gun, I think.

This is especially so when one wants .357 capability in a compact revolver.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts