Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped by one of the smaller gun shops today and saw this tucked away at the bottom rear of the display case. While looking at this little jewel the other customers started circling like sharks. Needless to say it did not go back into the display.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Congrats! I'm circling closer to one all the time.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Get a good trigger job and shoot the hell out of it. Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
21,398 Posts
I bought a 2 1/4" several years ago and it is carried a lot and shot a lot. The best of both worlds.

Enjoy it they are a great forearm.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Nice!

·
Life is good
4,866 Posts
Congratulations and great find!! I really like the SP101s, reliable solid revolver, and easy to shoot (.357 Magnum ammo does produce an impressive muzzle flash).

Shoot straight, be safe!

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
The only thing better than finding that little jewel is knowing everyone around you didn't.

Circling like sharks... love it.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Circling sharks indeed. Good move. You won't be disappointed; an everyday carry back-up for me that could serve adequately as a primary.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
What a find, just something about those SPs. All you need now is to replace those plastic inserts with some wood. Enjoy that new addition.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Agree with getting a trigger job. I did it on both of mine and it made a good gun great. Dropped the hammer spring from 14# to 10# and had the innards polished. I have some wood panel inserts that I can give you instead of those factory plastic ones. Give me your address and they're yours.
Welcome to the forum.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Welcome from Australia mate.
Glad to have you on board, nice folk here and lots of good info.
Great find.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
That is my EDC. In Dec I put a big dot Trigicon on the front. No issues with the existing holsters, but my no eye glasses shooting performamce improved

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have wanted an SP101 in 327 ever since they first came out, but couldn't find one nor justify the purchase. My son in law recently bought a Taurus 357, and I decided I needed one too. When I went to the gun shop and purchased it, they not only had an SP, they also had two 327 Blackhawks.

Since I already load for the 357, but not the 327, I went ahead and bought the 357. I stewed over that decision for about a week, and finally couldn't take it any longer. I sold the 357 to a neighbor, and went back and not only got the SP, but also one of the Blackhawks. Now, I not only have two 327's, but I also picked up what I needed to reload for them.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I have one just like it, have CT laser grips on it and after 10 years of service it is still like new, they are a great little revolver for CC, range shooting and home defense. Got an Sp101-22 8 shot to go along with it, and they are both great fun at the range.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts