Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The MeProLight I installed on my wife's SP-101 2.25" was a "drop-in" fit... 10 minute job... POA = POI at 25 yards... Wifey is very happy with it...:)

And I ordered mine from MidwayUSA on line too...

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
wish i had a way of drillin the sight out , id do one on my 101 , plus that pin has tosuck gettin out ,

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Supplies:
  1. Masking tape for Opps factor and holding the sight in place while your drillin'
  2. 1/16" punch or drill bit shank for gettin' the pin out and the final finish in...
  3. 1/4" punch or drill bit shank for gettin' the pin most of the way in...
  4. A second 1/16" drill bit for drillin' the new sight, in place...
Make sure you drill half way through the turn the revolver over and drill from the other side, to complete the new hole...

Cost of install... 98 cents... :D

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I measured it tonight... 4/64" = 1/16", the bit has no markings... I verified it was the right size after I removed the old sight from the gun... So there you have it...

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I, also think that the new sight came with instructions and the size bit to use... It's been a while back... I bought and ordered mine from MidWayUSA.com...

·
Registered
377 Posts
Thanks for the timely info. I just got my Mep for my SP in today. Found the drill bit, punch and tape ... ready to go.

Ed

·
Registered
377 Posts
I finally put it on today. Took about 20 minutes with being cautious on removing and reinstalling the pin. Drilling was done by hand and took about 4 minutes with a power drill. I love it. Much better sight picture for me. Oh, get this, the instructions that came with it told me to remove the slide first LOL.

Ed :D

·
Registered
653 Posts
RNettles, Very nice, I want some wood inserts for my new one.

I don't mean to high jack your thread, but:

I just bought a SP101 yesterday, and upon close inspection (when I got home) I noticed that the barrel is slightly not turned all the way. It is slightly cocked to the right about 2 or 3 pieces of paper in thickness. Does yours have this problem?

I could return it to the store, but I got the last one they had and no one else around has one, and don't know when they will get one. I may have to send it back to Ruger to get it fixed. I am going to call them on Monday.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
RNettles, Very nice, I want some wood inserts for my new one.

I don't mean to high jack your thread, but:

I just bought a SP101 yesterday, and upon close inspection (when I got home) I noticed that the barrel is slightly not turned all the way. It is slightly cocked to the right about 2 or 3 pieces of paper in thickness. Does yours have this problem?

I could return it to the store, but I got the last one they had and no one else around has one, and don't know when they will get one. I may have to send it back to Ruger to get it fixed. I am going to call them on Monday.
To answer your question, no, my barrel is not "canted"... My opinion is to follow Iowegan's advice and send it to Ruger. They'll make it right.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Sweet info. I cant find anyone that has tried the 24/7 big dot site. The tape is good info to remember. I dont want to scratch my polish job that I just finished.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thanks for this great info. If all goes well my sight will show up today. Sounds like install will be easy. Thanks again.
Carl

·
Registered
12 Posts
Could the meprolite sight for the SP101 be installed on a speed six or service six? Is there a big height difference?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts