Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much research, many opinions and roughly 1,000 dry and live fires I have finally decided to replace the springs on my SP 101.

If you have replaced the springs on your SP 101, which are better in your experience...Wolf Springs or Wilson Combat Springs?

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Wilson Combat merely buys Wolff springs and sells them in their own package. BTW-Welcome to the forum from ND :)

·
Registered
952 Posts
I just replaced springs on my new SP101 with Wolff Springs.
10# mainspring and 8# trigger spring. Also shimmed the hammer. Also smoothed contact points
Haven't shot it yet but the trigger is smoooth.

·
Registered
574 Posts
10 lb Wolf main spring, rest stock. No issues d/a or single action. A little polishing here n there. Smooth as silk. Shoot it alot.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
I put Wolf springs in three of the four SP101's I own. The other SP 101 is a .22 I did not replace the springs because I did not want lighter strikes on the rim fire. I just smoothed up the contact points.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I have a Wolff 9 lb mainspring and 8 lb. trigger return in my SP currently which also has an action job. If the internals are not modified i.e. smoothed I would use a 10 or 11 lb mainspring and 10 lb trigger return spring (stock).

·
Registered
307 Posts
Wolff Spings - weight closest to stock hammer spring. Stock trigger return spring or I get sluggish reset. Hammer shims. My trigger is new design - won't take shims.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts