Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have a Taurus 605 at this time, but I think I'm going to upgrade to a SP 101 (2 1/4" bbl).

My question is, for those of you who have or had both of these, how do the trigger pulls compare to one another (both SA & DA)?

My second question is how does the SP 101 hammerless version DA pull compare to the standard SP 101 in DA?

Thanks so much!!!

Greg

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
Hi all, I have a Taurus 605 at this time, but I think I'm going to upgrade to a SP 101 (2 1/4" bbl).
My question is, for those of you who have or had both of these, how do the trigger pulls compare to one another (both SA & DA)?
My second question is how does the SP 101 hammerless version DA pull compare to the standard SP 101 in DA?
Thanks so much!!!
Greg
My brother has a Taurus 605 and I have a couple of SP101's in various calibers and I prefer the Ruger trigger over the 605.
Comparatively, I've always thought the Ruger trigger broke more crisply, concisely, and consistently as compared to the Taurus trigger.
I've had (and do have) a few Taurus revolvers (850, 856, and an older, nickle-plated, 85) and their trigger has always felt a bit 'sloppy' to me.
The DAO trigger pull...if the OEM is uncomfortable to you, you can always install Wolff springs or do a M-Carbo trigger job on it and it'll smooth out and feel like it's '1/2' of what it was.
The Ruger needed shims and, eventually I started doing the M-Carbo trigger jobs on the Ruger's, to get the trigger 'buttery-smooth' but I prefer the basic Ruger trigger over the Taurus.
Also, the 'heft' of the heavier Ruger SP101 will help to mitigate recoil a bit better, resulting in it being more enjoyable to shoot for longer periods of time, as compared to the Taurus.
Lastly, the SP101 has a wider range of after-market grips, holsters, and sights (tru-glo or tritium ) available for it!

Reactions: flyboy61

·
Registered
152 Posts
I don't own a SP 101. I do own a 605. My wife will only shoot a revolver but she has a very weak trigger finger so I've changed the trigger pull on every revolver we own.
You might want to give this a try,
I installed this kit on my 856, 605 and 85. It performs as advertised. I have experience zero miss-fires.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts