Ruger Forum banner
101 - 120 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think the original poster had it right. My daily carry is the 2 and 1/4" SP101, and I have one of the French police trad in .38's in 3 inch and love it, I just wish it was in .357 magnum! Been trying to find one for an age now, but so far no such luck. It's as perfect of a 'field gun' as I can envision as well.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Well, the 3” SP101 I had was great, except for one thing…it’s fixed sights didn’t shoot to point of aim. I moved it on. My fixed sight 3” GP100, on the other hand, shoot right to POA.

·
Registered
193 Posts
In June of 2021 I purchased.

A brand new rugersp101 chambered in .357 Magnum with a 3 inch and I love it I absolutely love it

Its accurate it feels good in my hands it's a phenomenal revolver.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I think the 3” is a great size for a lot. Easy to carry, has a decent sight radius, not too heavy, proportionate grip to barrel… I have a 3” and they’re less common that the 2.5”

mine is next to some of its brothers

Attachments

Reactions: Eric357 and Gsokk

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I hear you, bro! The latest S&W offerings seem to be low quality and combined with S&W's legendary crappy customer service I understand they've become a big disappointment. Sorry to inform you I'm not interested. Good luck finding someone to trade off your S&W for an SP! Have you tried to trade your S&W for something of similar value such as a rusty old Taurus or Rossi? Maybe an EAA?
Sorry it took so long for me to reply, as I seem to have missed your response until today.

I suggest you re-read what I posted.

You keep believing your BS.

·
Banned
448 Posts
I have to go along with others. The SP-101 is a good looking revolver, but it's got an awful double action trigger. When it comes to .357 mag revolvers, I have moved on from Ruger to the new Colt's. Thinking about the snubby King Cobra. The new Target model King Cobra has the best double action trigger pull I've ever experienced in a factory revolver. Only problem is its too big for a conceal carry gun. But the Target Model is designated as my armed nature walk gun, and home defense revolver

·
Registered
978 Posts
Sp101 trigger breaks in well. But if you want it smooth ASAP then get Mcarbo trigher kit and follow the video. Best video on sp101 ever published. Explains everything one would ever need to know about the polishing and workings of most of the ruger double actions.

I only own a Wrangler, but couldn't quit watching that video. I've wanted a GP, now I want one even more. He is a great instructor, good piece, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
236 Posts
No, but it looks awesome. I hope I can find one like that. Thanks for the photo!
Not my photo, I can't look at them for more than a second or two, they make me ill. You see, many many moons ago I bought one at a pawnshop for a really good price, shot it, had fun with it and THEN.....well you know whats coming, I foolishly sold it. Yes I made a few dollars on it but the buyer had much more foresight than I did because now theyre worth about 4 times what I paid for it. No it wasnt a museum quality speciman but I do recall it being very well cared for. Not just that but the 27, especially the 3.5" are just, in my opinion the most beautiful handgun ever produced. Others agree too.😁 Just real pride of craftsmanship.
I hope you find ine someday. Theyre out there for sure. Just be ready to pay.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Sorry it took so long for me to reply, as I seem to have missed your response until today.
You keep believing your BS.
Sorry, bro, it seems S&W revolvers are so weak that S&W lobbied SAAMI to lower the 357 mag spec because S&W revolvers go all floppy when an owner uses actual full spec 357mag loads.

That said, they still meet the current SAAMI max pressure standards of 35,000 psi. Notice I said "current" because this is important. In 1993, SAAMI lowered the pressure standards for 357 Mags by 25%. The older standard was too high for some guns (mostly S&Ws) and caused shorter life spans. ...In 1993, SAAMI lowered the pressure standards for 357 Mags by 25%. The older standard was too high for some guns (mostly S&Ws) and caused shorter life spans.....
Lol, your S&W can't make spec. Enjoy your flashy, floppy revolver. It'll save you from experiencing actual recoil. Do you use those mouse fart loads like the CAS participants?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
Not my photo, I can't look at them for more than a second or two, they make me ill. You see, many many moons ago I bought one at a pawnshop for a really good price, shot it, had fun with it and THEN.....well you know whats coming, I foolishly sold it. Yes I made a few dollars on it but the buyer had much more foresight than I did because now theyre worth about 4 times what I paid for it. No it wasnt a museum quality speciman but I do recall it being very well cared for. Not just that but the 27, especially the 3.5" are just, in my opinion the most beautiful handgun ever produced. Others agree too.😁 Just real pride of craftsmanship.
I hope you find ine someday. Theyre out there for sure. Just be ready to pay.
I paid $800 for my sw 27 on gunbroker and the seller told me he could not believe the number of bids on it it. The original sticker rubbed off the box but I think it had $349, if so that guy made a great profit and if I sold it so would I. If not my favorite gun it is in the top 3

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here is my 3 inch 357. I’ve had it for about 12 or 13 years. I actually thought I was a member here and came to read some revolver threads ,but hadn’t been on in a few years. Regardless if I was or wasn’t it’s good to see the revolver threads.

The LCR was my wife’s but she decided she didn’t like it and went back to her Xds. The LCR had been sitting in the safe for a few years,but I’m thinking of getting a holster for it.
Air gun Everyday carry Rectangle Trigger Revolver

Attachments

101 - 120 of 144 Posts