Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a new SP101 in 327 Federal Magnum. No issues shooting 32 S&W Long. However, the cylinder froze the first time I shot 327 Magnum loads. The brass would not eject from one chamber and had to be driven out. The case was bulged, especially towards the base, and could not be rechambered. The primer flattening was not excessive and resembled the other fired cases. I tried another brand of ammo and it froze again on the same chamber. The trigger also failed to reset that time. I called Ruger and they emailed me an RMA and shipping label while I was on the phone, and off it went.

Ruger customer service is great!

The cylinder was reamed and then test fired. The trigger failed again and was replaced. The second test firing was successful.

Turn around time at the factory was only two days from receipt to return. Amazing! :)

I do wonder how it got through proof testing. :confused:

·
Registered
788 Posts
Glad to hear that Ruger took care of it, they have great customer service. I have a SP101 in the same chambering and really like it tho haven't shot anything but .327 from it with no problems.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got it back from Ruger yesterday. No issues with magnum loads. The action is working much smoother. I have not put many rounds through it, but like it so far.

I decided to abandon the 22 rimfire for plinking and go with something I can handload. The 32’s seem to be ideal for plinking and better than 22 for small game and pests.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts