Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Uninformed I know, but I didn't know these existed until I saw a used one yesterday at my LGS. I like SP101s and have owned a few. Traded my Speed Six for it on the spot. Maybe a good deal or not but I got what I wanted. Looks like a scaled down GP100. Adjustable sights, fiber optic, 357......neat!!! Any others out there?

·
Registered
528 Posts
It's good to have choices and Ruger offers a lot of them. You got what you wanted and are happy so it's a good deal for you. Now, how about a photo or two?

·
Premium Member
1,217 Posts
I have a new 4.2" SP-101, only been to the range once but so far so good. Opted for the SP-101because it fits my hand better than a GP-100.

Good deal or not, bottom line you got what you wanted, good for you. Enjoy!

·
Registered
180 Posts
I think the 4" SP101 was one of my best investments. Lately, I've had a Venom dot on it and it's a danged accurate gun.
SP101 Venom.jpg
IMG_3218.JPG

·
Registered
66 Posts
Great trail gun and an accurate and strong shooter. Also doubles as a house gun. In my neck of the woods they are hard to find, popular, don't stick around gunstores long. Also like the weight, easy to carry but substantial enough to aid in steady shooting. If you don't like the grip, Hogue always works well for me on a SP101.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I enjoy SP 101. It has a smooth trigger in both single and double action. When I got mine it second hand but unfired and basically NIB. It had Hogue grips install and I put the factory grips back on. I like the look better. I hope you enjoy your SP 101 for years to come..

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think the 4" SP101 was one of my best investments. Lately, I've had a Venom dot on it and it's a danged accurate gun.
Getting ready to bark up that same tree so I got to ask about the mount .
Who made it and does it seem secure enough tough enough ?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Getting ready to bark up that same tree so I got to ask about the mount .
Who made it and does it seem secure enough tough enough ?
It's made by Raptor Engineering. My gun was a little out of spec. and a "standard" mount wouldn't fit. I took some measurements and they made a mount to fit my specific SP101. Nice people.

It seems to mount up fairly solid. I've haven't had any POI shifts and it's been dead on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts