Ruger Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
That's the great thing about 9mm. When I'm dumping 30 round mags in my Lone Wolf G9, I just listen to the steel target go ding.
When I'm doing it with my 45/5.56 or 300 win, it sounds like a cash register ringing.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Every time I think about a 9mm revolver, I ask why (the answer is cheaper ammo). Then I remember I have a .22LR revolver and forget all about the 9mm.
That's like saying "every time I think about a .44 revolver, I ask why (the answer is cheaper ammo). Then I remember I have a .38 revolver and forget all about the .44.

If it was all about the money, ie:cheaper ammo, then I doubt most of us would own half the caliber of revolvers we own now.;)

·
Registered
74 Posts
I for one am completely enjoying my 3" sp 9mm. Although for me it has been a range toy, I carried the 357. The moon clips are great on the bench and if you're a reloader the brass is every where. Most people will just give it to you plus you can keep track of all your cases.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I, for one, will certainly never buy a revolver which requires moon clips to function. ESPECIALLY when it can be had with a standard .357 chambering instead. I have reloading dies for both 9mm and .357, but I prefer the much greater variety of .357.
Your selling the moon clips short, for revolvers I think they are the cats a$$. I thinking about sending out my 357 cylinder and having it cut for moon clips to keep all guns equal. I like having the ability to "pre-load" them up and just carry a bunch to the range. Speed is another plus....

·
Forlorn Hope
399 Posts
I fell in love with the SP 101 9mm back in the early 90's and picked up mine in 92.
She still looks and shoots as well today as she did almost 30 years ago!
They're not making them with the 3 inch barrel any more.

I asked a friend who works in the NH Ruger factory if he could get me the wooded grip inserts,
and he ran me off a set of Ruger custom Hogue wooden ones instead! I need to thank him again.:D

21 - 32 of 32 Posts