Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would share this picture I took from an accuracy testing I did many years ago with my 2 1/4 in. SP101 357. It was my reload and I shot from 10 yds. from a Black & Decker workmate table with a 3/4 in. plywood top. This has made a good shooting bench for me. The gun rested on a Outer's Pistol Perch. The picture is a four shot group with a flyer that I did not keep on the cardboard cutout. I remember shooting the five shots and walking to the small bull's eye target and initially not seeing any hits. Then I saw a tight group just under the paper target. The cardboard was thankfully new that day! As you can see the four shots are very social. After shooting this gun more and seeing a low hit pattern, I filed the front sight a little to suit me.

I used a Hornady 140 gr. JHP #3574 (discontinued after the XTP came out but they are similar), and 17.5 gr. H110. Not responsible of any reloading accidents. My load was worked up to and looking for signs of excessive pressure for my particular gun. Just wanted to show this for us old belivers in the 101 and for the new guys just getting one or interested in purchasing one. Just do your part and it will do it's job even with a little 2 1/4 in. barrel.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
great grouping there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts