Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
How do you like that CW9? Seems most people either love or hate the Kahrs. I have considered getting a CW9.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just got in last Monday. Took it to the range on Tuesday and put 300 rnds of 115gr fmj through it. No problems what-so-ever. The DAO pull is 7lbs and is really smooth. The gun if very accurate. This weekend, I'll put some hollowpoints through it and if they run fine, then (for me) this will be the perfect ccw. As you can tell, I really like this gun.....

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I looked at Kahrs but the price was a little higher than I wanted to pay.

Which do you like carrying better?

I really like that little Kahr. :cool:

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bountyhunter, the one I got is the CW9. The CW series is the budget level Kahr. The front sight is pinned, so no night sights. The markings are lasered in, so no deep rollmark. The trigger and firing mechanism is the same as the P series. Mine was $399 from Davidson's....they also add a lifetime warrantee (Kahr only gives 5 yrs.) I am sure I will like carrying the Kahr better, because it is lighter than the SP, and frankly, I shoot semi-autos better than I do revolvers...even in DAO. I have a Don Hume IWB that should be here by next week. A few days of cc around the house, and then I will go in public with it....will let you know for sure then. I am really impressed by the Kahr.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Bountyhunter, the one I got is the CW9. The CW series is the budget level Kahr. The front sight is pinned, so no night sights. The markings are lasered in, so no deep rollmark. The trigger and firing mechanism is the same as the P series. Mine was $399 from Davidson's....they also add a lifetime warrantee (Kahr only gives 5 yrs.) I am sure I will like carrying the Kahr better, because it is lighter than the SP, and frankly, I shoot semi-autos better than I do revolvers...even in DAO. I have a Don Hume IWB that should be here by next week. A few days of cc around the house, and then I will go in public with it....will let you know for sure then. I am really impressed by the Kahr.

I think we had posted at the same time. :D

That's a pretty good price for that gun. It looks like a great carry piece. I think the weight differance will make it the more comfortable for sure. Congrats on a great purchase. :D

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, BH. I will be honest...I had never even heard of Kahr until about a year ago, and never even considered one until it was recommened to me in a pawn shop a couple of months ago. I hope I'm as happy with it a year from now, and I am right now.:D

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Very nice Wizard. I haven't any experience with Kahr products but what I have heard is encouraging. Yours is quite nice. It looks a little Glock-ish, a little HK-ish IMO. :D

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My Don Hume IWB holster came in this morning. Unboxed it, checked the gun for fit, and put it on. After two hours, can hardly notice it's there.

BH, it does carry better than the SP because of weight and thinness.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BH, I carried it in public for the first time today. The Hume carries a little higher than I would like, but, I wore jeans and a chambry shirt, with the shirttail out, and it doesn't print. Wore it for about 6 hrs., today. The Kahr is definately my choice for cc, now.....:)

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
BH, I carried it in public for the first time today. The Hume carries a little higher than I would like, but, I wore jeans and a chambry shirt, with the shirttail out, and it doesn't print. Wore it for about 6 hrs., today. The Kahr is definately my choice for cc, now.....:)
Good deal. I thought it would be a better feel than the sp101. The fact that it carries high is good. Then you don't have to worry so much about your shirt riding over it. I have that problem sometimes with my Uncle Mike's pancake belt slide. It holds pretty high and tight, but sometimes the shirt still slides up. I'm going to go with a slimmer semi for carry myself. :D

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
........ I'm going to go with a slimmer semi for carry myself. :D
If my CW9 is any indication of Kahr, then the CW45 is in my future. It's a little larger than my CW9, but still smaller than the Sig P239. Take a look at them...you might like what you see.....;)

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OldCowHand, since you mentioned it, I have lost 18 lbs in 24 days.....feeling better...but, I have a brand new western holster for my single six that doesn't fit anymore.....

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Betcha don't eat pizza on the corner anymore.....that's a brutal amount of weight to lose so soon.....it'd take a dynamite enema for me to lose weight that fast!!!!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea, pizza is definately out. I go on this diet for 11 days, then get off as long as I want to...I chose to be off for 2 days, but ate mostly salads those 2 days. The diet it'self is kinda strange, but what it does is tricks your body into upping the metebolic rate...therefore, instead of storing fat, it burns it.....all I know is it's working.....:)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Wizard the Kahr looks nice. I don't remember ever hearing anything bad about them. Although I also like your SP101 alot!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts