Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After shooting my SP101 for the first time this weekend, I was very impressed with everything except the "ejector rod". The actual thing you push on to eject the cases.

It seems really flimsy and wiggly (when the cylinder is rolled out) compared to the way the rest of the gun is put together.

Do they make an aftermarket or is mine not supposed to be like that or is it just the way it is?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Erik, do a search of the forums for "ejector rod" on the SP101 and you'll find out that's normal. The Ruger SP101 design is such that the rod "wiggles" and seems loose, but that's OK. It does kind of set you to wondering the first time you use it, though.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK.

Thanks for the reply. I did a quick search before posting, but must have missed the previous stuff.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,477 Posts
The SP-101 is a totally different design than a S&W or even a Security-Six. The ejector rod does not screw in ... rather it is held in place by a spring loaded plunger. That makes the ejector rod feel a bit loose but not to fear ... it is way stronger than a S&W design and has never been a source of trouble.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Iowegan, for me the looseness was more of an observation than a concern. However the rod is fairly rough feeling (I'm sure a little smoothing-up will cure that). Still, after two trips to the range I really like it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts