Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got a new SP101 3" and I would like to order the wood engraved grip panels like the 4.2"comes from the factory with. I called Ruger parts and was told how you could only get these grips if you had a firearm origionaly equipped with them and sent the firearm to them for replacement. Does anybody know a part number for these grips panels so I could try to order by part number?
Thanks for any info............

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
RSPA only has 2 posts. I believe he has to have 10 posts before the PM's work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PMs

I had trouble figuring out how to PM on the site. I sent a message under
Visitor Messages. Needless to say I'm not the best at computers :D

·
Super Moderator
21,398 Posts
rammerjammer:

He does not have 10 posts so cannot access the PM system.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Altamont grips

Thanks Ironhead, those grips do look nice. Is the rubber grip shaped any
different than the stock Ruger grip? I am satisfied with the way the stock grip feels, if its about the same as the Altimont grip I might just buy the Altimont inserts for my stock rubber grips. Does the checkering on the rubber backstrap
help absorb the recoil more than the Ruger grip? If so, maybe it would be best to go with the combo?

·
Registered
312 Posts
My SP-101 grip & inserts from Altamont

Altamont grips and panels all seem to be of good quality, fit great and look nice.
Here's mine on a SP-101.

RME

·
Registered
312 Posts
rspa - thanks, it also has the snakeskin grips but you can't tell from the side view. The Altamont snakeskin panels are a lot darker ( richer) than in Altamont's web site. They really don't have that many choices for the Rugers but what they do have I think is very well made top of the line stuff.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts