Ruger Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Ruger Tinkerer
11,901 Posts
mhuxtable, I have a couple of Phoenix holsters by Galco and a FLETCH and all of them were that way at first. My experience was by stretching it to make it snap it eventually got easier until very soon it was fine. My advice is don't give up on it just yet - there is apparently a small amount of stretch in leather that likely means it won't be too loose later.

Wave

· Ruger Tinkerer
11,901 Posts
Try really pushing it down as deep into the holster as you can. I don't have my holsters handy right now so I'm going off memory but I seem to recall by getting the gun deeper into the holster it allowed the band to make the snap. In a sense you're really stretching the entire holster. I recall the first Galco holster I got was Phoenix for my GP100 and I was ready to call Galco and complain. But now they all fit as you expect. I use a Phoenix for a S&W 629 and the FLETCH on a 1911. I couldn't snap any of them at first but they're great now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.