Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Haven't used it, but from the picture it doesn't seem like the butt of the gun is pulled in very right to the body. Not sure if it's the holsters fault or the fault of that belt they're using

·
Registered
160 Posts
I bought a leather holster for a Beretta 92 and using leather irons and leather conditioning was able to get most of the Beretta mold smoothed out...may do some more work on it but as it is I like it....I have the 357 4" barrel...holsters holds it securely and it draws smoothly....I couldn't find a holster with a thumb snap or break for it so I chose to try and customize the one I have and am very happy with it, now since this picture was taken I have put the Hogue Mono Grips on it and its still sweet for me

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
I opted for a thumb break instead of open top for greater security and retention. Thirty clams from amazon.

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
Haven't used it, but from the picture it doesn't seem like the butt of the gun is pulled in very right to the body. Not sure if it's the holsters fault or the fault of that belt they're using
Definitely a bad belt, but also bad pictures on their site.

That type of holster typically pulls the butt of the grip tighter to the body than any other kind. The rearward belt loop (beneath the grip) is on the midline of the revolver, since it's cut into the leather from the holster body itself. The forward loop is stitched to the back of the holster. The result of those two support positions have consequences: 1) the cylinder portion of the revolver isn't held as tightly to the body as it can be in other support positions, and 2) the grip is angled towards the body.

But on a junk belt, there's no holster design in the world that will properly support the handgun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts