Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 20+ year old SP101 is on it's way to Ruger. The trigger got to where it wouldn't reset. First issue I ever had with it. This gun got carried a lot as a CCW, back up to Duty weapon when in law enforcement, as a trail gun, and as a companion when riding the mower or tractor. I miss it already. Guess I need to sweet talk the wife into letting me borrow hers for a little while.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I like hearing all the use you got from yours. My SP101 is a baby on about 6 months old. I hope she sees a long life like yours has.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Cemo, sorry to hear you had to send in your little buddy but I'm sure Ruger will take good care of it. And probably won't charge you either! 20+ years of regular use before having any issues is a pretty good track record.

Wave

·
Registered
44 Posts
More testimony to Ruger quality. And, it sure seems to be backed up by some of the most customer-oriented service in any industry. Based on personal experience, it "feels" good to pay a few hundred bucks for something and realize that you've probably got a product that worth (at least) what you paid for it. Here's hoping that you'll get the 101 back quickly and enjoy its flawless performance for another 20+ years.

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
Ruger will probably do more to it than it actually needs. They tend to replace any action parts that don't look new, and whole sets of springs.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! Good to hear the complements on Ruger's services. I have several snub nose revolvers, S&W 66, 640 and 642 that are really nice but there is just something that keeps me going to the SP101.

·
Registered
133 Posts
My SP101 is just a few years old. Since I got it the double-action trigger pull has had a real tight spot. Single action is fine, but DA is not. It is so hard to pull a Lyman trigger pull gauge would not even record the force necessary. I have tried polishing all the contact points, not removing any significant amount of metal, but it hasn't helped much. I think tomorrow I will call Ruger and likely will be sending it to them for attention. I hope the good things I'm hearing about Ruger customer service turn out to be true.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The UPS truck pulled in the driveway today with my SP101. WOW! That's a ten day turn-a-round, and the little SP is as good as new. Thanks Ruger!

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Ruger CS is the best. Glad to hear it all worked out for you and you got your little buddy back where it belongs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts