Ruger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I installed the front xs sight, wolff spring kit and Badger boot grips. I fired it a few times in the bullet trap out back so I think its time for a trial run. Maybe tomorrow at church. Hopefully it wont be too heavy. Here are a few pictures of the finished product......

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
A good belt will lighten it up. It looks like it's ready for church at it's Sunday best. Nice job. The only way my SP will get sold is as part of my estate. ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you everyone! As my last thread indicated, this is my first Ruger. I have learned so much on this forum and I really appreciate all the info!! I cant wait to put this 101 in my normal carry rotation.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Ruger DAO SP101.....the best carry revolver on the planet. Just big enough for a confident grip and acceptable recoil and just small enough for comfortable carry. The .357 is my go to gun but I have a 9mm set up the same way. Always wear the Bullhide Belt distressed gun belt when OWB carrying. 1/4" thick the rig rides solid.

Nice job.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Great lookin SP with the high polish and Badger grips. DAO sign of a serious revolver shooter.

SPs are all that you attributed to them. 26 ozs of reliable, accurate self protection!

I've had several since the 80s and I regret trading two, but I love the one I have now.

·
Registered
188 Posts
As others have noted,a good holster mitigates the additional weight.

My 101 is primarily a woods gun,and I can barely tell the difference between the 101 and an SW Airweight.

I have Badger grips too,but have found rubber to provide a more solid grasp.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Does the XS Big Dot affect POA/POI? I just painted my front sight with day glow orange and it made all the difference in shooting it well. Thinking that big white glowing sight would be just the ticket for my 3".

Really nice work on the ones pictured. Mines stock but sports Hogue grips. Carry it often.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Dang! That's one sweet Sharpie :D
I have the same DAO SP but just plain-jane still other than some Chig's inserts.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Does the XS Big Dot affect POA/POI? I just painted my front sight with day glow orange and it made all the difference in shooting it well. Thinking that big white glowing sight would be just the ticket for my 3".

Really nice work on the ones pictured. Mines stock but sports Hogue grips. Carry it often.
I have the Standard Dot and I think the OP does as well. It doesn't affect poi/poa one bit.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts