Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided that I would try to get rid of some end shake in my SP101 so I bought the extractor tool and .004" shims for an SP101 from Brownells. Takiing apart the SP101 and removing the extractor using the tool was a breeze. I was already to install a shim and I can not figure out where it should fit. The hole in the shim is only big enough for the "center rod pin" to fit through. I checked that I've received the correct part number from Brownells.

Do I have the wrong part or am I just stupid?

·
Registered
168 Posts
You don't need to remove the ejector/ratchet assembly to install the shim (or do you mean end-shake bearings?).

IIRC, power custom has shims in .002" increments.

Reinstall your ejector/center rod and lay the shims on the end of the crane tube. You can apply a drop of light oil like Rem-oil, to help it stick. Do not overlubricate because this can gum up your cylinder rotation.

Then reinstall the cylinder on the crane tube as you normally would.

Then function check. Good luck!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You don't need to remove the ejector/ratchet assembly to install the shim (or do you mean end-shake bearings?).

IIRC, power custom has shims in .002" increments.

Reinstall your ejector/center rod and lay the shims on the end of the crane tube. You can apply a drop of light oil like Rem-oil, to help it stick. Do not overlubricate because this can gum up your cylinder rotation.

Then reinstall the cylinder on the crane tube as you normally would.

Then function check. Good luck!
Thanks for clearing up where they go! I guess I have the wrong part. At Brownells site they list this:
10/22HS .004 (.10mm) thick Colt Anaconda, Ruger SP-101 : CYLINDER BEARINGS | Brownells

Even though the part numbers match the cylinder bearings listed on the site the ones I got have a very small center hole compared to the pictures. The same part number refers to both cylinder bearings and RUGER 10/22 TRIGGER/SEAR, HAMMER & DISCONNECTOR SHIMS. Guess Brownells made a mistake?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts