Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing special but thought that I would post it anyway.
I was going to buy some Badger grips for it but after looking at the boot grips I decided that they probably would not fit my hand as well as the factory grip or this grip. This grip was actually more than the Badger grip. It is very tight fitting (so tight it has a grove cut in the bottom of the grip so you can get it apart. Absolutely no wiggle period and fits my smaller hand very well. Made of Black Walnut and oil finished. Lets me lock my thumb down very comfortably. I bought them off of ebay. Very happy with them.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I love those TALO engraved SP101's, I want one bad:)

Those are nice grips, they look great on the gun.

I also thought it would look great with some kind of Bonded Ivory grip, it would give it a classic but still modern look. Of course I would carry and shoot it, it's a classy piece.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Great set up, the engraving and the grips, major cool!

Ruger needs to look at that grip and offer it on their SPs or as an option to the SP!

Are those grips larger than the originals? I have an SP and I would like to have some all wood grips that are larger than the original Letts.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Sweet as.....

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Lets me lock my thumb down very comfortably
That cut is actually there to allow loading and extraction. Lowering your thumb into that indent places tension behind your trigger finger. Whatever works.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guy's for all the comments.
at liberty, maybe correct but I was taught to lock my thumb down and have been doing so for ever. It works pretty well for me. Thank for the advice though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts