Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
welp got in my wolf springs for my sp101 i just bought.

put in the 10 lb main spring and the 8 lb trigger return spring. even though I had already done the drill bit trick in the channel the return spring is in it felt pretty slow returning. So I took it all back apart and ran the drill bit in the channel again then wrapped some 600 grit sandpaper into a tube shape and spun it around in the channel followed by 2000 grit. now I am unable to outrun the trigger and I have a very nice trigger pull and a smooth return.

Will be going out later today to run some .38 spcl through it and will probably go hunt down some winchester .357 tomorrow since that is said to have the hardest primers.

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
I used the 12# main spring with the 8# trigger spring and am happy so far. Looking forward to hearing your report back on the 10#:against the harder primers.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Were did you purchase the springs from? How difficult was the job?
brownels and very easy if you have any mechanical ability at all you can swap the springs ive had the trigger assembly completely apart and put it back together with no problems at all. that was just to entertain my own curiosity though its not necessary to change the springs

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used the 12# main spring with the 8# trigger spring and am happy so far. Looking forward to hearing your report back on the 10#:against the harder primers.
I had the 12 lb spring in it to see how it felt and will be plenty happy with it if I need step up to the 12 lb spring.. sure seems like the hammer is still falling pretty hard though with the 10 lb so we will see

1 - 7 of 7 Posts