Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a 2.25" SP101 on "Hold" at my local "pusher". :D

Now I have to go select what I will use as trading material. I'm thinking I might give up the Kahr PM9 as I don't carry it much. I carried it as a BUG twice last year and haven't carried it as a "Primary" since I bought it.

I also just picked up my 4" GP100 that I had on "Hold". I'll have to take the GP100 to the 'smith and get it set up for next year's Police Games.

Biker

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Sounds as if you have Rugeritus. It is almost as addicting as BRD, the dreaded Black Rifle Disease!

·
Banned
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, since S&W decided to put the "Hillary Hole" in their guns I've gotten Rugeritis. :)

As far as BRD, nope, got over that one real fast. The cure is SBPD. :D

(Sharp's Black Powder Disease)

Biker

·
Registered
377 Posts
Rugers keep replacing all my guns. No notice or anything. Just seems to happen. It doesn't bug me. I've lost 2 Glocks and an XD in the past year. My other 2 Glocks are afraid.

Ed :D

·
Banned
586 Posts
For all of you new SP owners.I have some Hogues for sale.

The SP-101 is a great gun for a lot of people, just not me.
As soon as I sell my DOA .357, I'll be keeping it RUGER and
picking up a LCP.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Do the Hogue grips make much difference when shooting .357 loads?

Ed

·
Registered
540 Posts
Huh huh huh. BikeRN said "pusher". Kind of a fitting nomer, come to think of it...

·
Registered
360 Posts
Do the Hogue grips make much difference when shooting .357 loads?
OH yeah.

There are guys who think the stock grips are fine for Magnum loads -- but they're tougher guys than me. I fired a few cylinders of Remington 125gr .357s through my stock SP, and went right out and bought the Hogues the next day. It's the difference between pain and not pain.

Well maybe I should say 'discomfort', 'cause the SP's got some weight to it. Magnums in a scandium J-frame -- now that's pain.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Thanks for that feedback Pat.

Ed

·
Registered
29 Posts
Many Years Ago...

I came to the realization that every firearm i traded in for something else turned out to leave me with regret over the decision. I now save up and add to my collection instead of trading one firearm for another. I have noticed that since my decision to stop trading and just buy my collection has blossomed into something i'm proud of.
I also recently purchased an SP101 and am happy with the decision. The pistol carries great in my pocket and although the pistol is snappier than others it's not horribly bad in the recoil department. I did upgrade to a Hogue monogrip though and this helped greatly in recoil reduction. I have been shooting 158 grain 357 loads

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.