Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I certainly understand the need for spam control however 60 seconds is a little excessive. I find my self bumping into the 60 second limit more than i would like.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
I'd check with your ISP and look at your local PC... The longest I've had to wait is about 6 tenths of a second... as a side note the time the server takes to "fetch" the page is displayed at the bottom left of the screen...

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What I am talking about is if I try to post two messages in less than 60 seconds I get a warning from the list that I have to wait 60 seconds before posting another post. This is a forum setting and has nothing to do with my computer or connection. Most forums set the limit to 15 of 30 seconds which is more reasonable.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Oh, I see... I'll check into it for ya... By the way, it is called "flood protection". It is now set for 30 second level... We'll give that a try. Let me know if it is working for you.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks RNettles. I guess it is called flood control. One thing about this forum the service is top rate. I think 30 seconds should be just fine.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
I am glad you brought this up, REb, cause I have the same problem. Guess I am too quick to spout off at the mouth!

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
quote:Originally posted by RNettles

As a follow up, let me know if it works for you guys in this topic... and thanks for the feedback...:D
It is working MUCH better. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Bumped into it a few times myself, 30 seconds seems to have taken care of it. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Seems like I spoke to soon, you may have to reinstate the 60 second flood control.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.