Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just had a spammer sign up and started spamming members using the Private Message feature. RugerForum.NET DOES NOT allow members to see other members email address, so don't worry about your email address getting compromised. What was happening was he was sending out the spam via the PM system and it sends you an email notifying you of the PM, he was not able to send you the spam directly to your email.

Sorry for the spammer, and I have taken steps to resolve this.

Keith Smith
Administrator

·
Registered
63 Posts
Looks like its under control.

It was a common African Scam Fraud

MO let me give you money by you giving me all your bank account information.

I got hit too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
What a compelling story this spammer has. I feel so bad for him. I was thinking maybe to help we could buy him a plane ticket to come here and then we can beat the $h*t out of him. Anyone interested? Make checks out to "Conley's Corvette Fund." [}:)]

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Spammers fall somewhere between nasty aggressive telemarketers and bacteria that manifests as mold on old food in my estimation. Closer to the latter I think. [xx(]

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

More like that white stuff on top of chicken sh..!!!!
YEA! It's still chicken sh**! :( Thanks for takin' care of that Keith.[^]

·
Registered
842 Posts
I got one this morning thinking it was an Email from a member one of the two Ruger Forums. Read a few lines before deleting it. Anyone here writes and addresses me as "Dearest one", I'm coming after his A-- with a stick!:D

·
Registered
156 Posts
So,is the PM mode temporarily out of service? I can't seem to find that function since this all came about...

Peace and God bless, Wolfy.

P.S. No spam e-mail made it my way. Darn, I coulda used a couple mil right about now.

·
Registered
156 Posts
quote:Originally posted by btrumanj

I got one this morning thinking it was an Email from a member one of the two Ruger Forums. Read a few lines before deleting it. Anyone here writes and addresses me as "Dearest one", I'm coming after his A-- with a stick!:D

Can I still call you "Sweetums"? [8D]

·
Registered
156 Posts
quote:Originally posted by btrumanj

Sweetums??? Hmmm! Surely you jest(lord I hope so):D
Surely, I do jest. It will still be btrumanj. On solemn ocassions I'll call you Mr. btrumanj, but otherwise it'll just be btrumanj. :D

P.S. I'm still wondering about the P.M. feature. Mine still isn't showing up anywhere. Anybody else notice this?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Last year got one.
Sorta sounded legit.
Did a look up of his "name".He's a barrister-a lawyer.NOT !
Name was "Matty Allen".He's a fraud and scammer.From Africa.
So,in non-P.C. I told him about changing jobs, and do some legit real work for a change.I did call him an SOB.Yes,I was very ticked off.
He's just very lucky to not live here.He wouldn't.You get the idea.
Another one "disappears" in the Sierras.Old West Justice works.
Then,another one,almost the same thing, different name.
The basics are some accident-auto or plane crash that did happen.
Never did get the plane crash list....Did request it.
The only legit way is a registered or certified letter.Even then, be caucious.
Wolfy,PM isn't showing either.
PS: Just call him ,"Sweety"........:D
Don't ever call him "Shirley".:D

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have turned on PMs again. If you have a PM from this a$$hole (James55) please delete it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got one today from James2. If you'd like a copy, just PM me. You might have to block the IP if this keeps up. Glad you're on top of it!

If anyone gets targeting info, please let me know....

Steelheart

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just received the new version of the Nigerian Scam also..

TIME to hide the email account info, bad to show that info anyway !
and only can send a message to the board ! simple fix ..now DO IT !

By the way the scam/spam did not go to the private email. but directly to the account listed on my personal page, as it seem others also got theirs!!

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I've had those scam mails too before, didn't get any PM's from this one though.

Here's how I respond to them telling me that a relative has left vast sums in a bank account and that I need to repsond etc with all my information.

I simply tell them that if this is a for sure thing, that they</u> need to send me $50,000.00 of it now up front as good faith on their part to insure that I can pay for they extra gifts to the bank manager for his handling of things etc.

One such scammer even provided me with a made up death certificate of my dead relative as proof they existed. I told them I still want up front money if they want me to partake in getting the rest of this large sum of money out of their country etc.

Dang, so far I haven't gotten the up front money from them... I wonder why? :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.