Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The thread on what kinds of .22s reminded me of having this. The fact it's a .22 has no bearing on what little use it gets. Ever have a guest in your home make the statement "I don't like guns?" or other anti drivel. I find that bringing this out and claiming it to be my favorite firearm makes some turn fishbelly white and gasp for air. Also a bit of enhancement(read lies) like" It fires 800 shots per minute" or " a magazine is empty in 1/3 of a second" usually stops the conversation cold. Hell, my wife even gets a kick out of it.:D

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
5 or 6 yrs ago my sons gave me this gun as a joke. Think they picked it up pretty cheap(which it was even new new). Actually the little booger worked pretty good with original or 10-22 magazines although it has a rough crude trigger and about 2 gallon of angle accuracy at 30 feet. About two yrs ago, a young black man robbed at least 6 or 7 Thorntons, Convenient and other similar type stores in downtown Louisville with one of these little ugly guns. Some laughed at his choice of weapon but the people it was pointed at during these robberies wasn't laughing at all. The media showed the store security tapes of a number of the incidents and dubbed him "The Tec 22 Bandit". He's behind bars now!
Thing is, to the uninformed it looks ugly and dangerous especially with the Butler Creek mag. I've had a lot of fun with it on two or three occasions as mentioned above though.[}:)]
Baker

1 - 5 of 5 Posts