Ruger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a speed loader for a GP100 hoping it would work for my .357 Security Six but it seems to be a little off, the spacing I believe is slightly different so the rounds bind when you try to get them started in the cylinder, so you have to hover above it and release, then wiggle to get them to drop in. Still faster than loading by hand but it should be smoother than that.

Anyone know who is making a speed loader that will work for the Security Six? Or should the GP100 speed loader work and it's all just operator error?

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
HKS 586 & Safariland TR6 both work fine in my GP and Security-Six's.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
The Ruger Store lists the HKS speedloader for the Security-Six for $10.95.

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,858 Posts
I use all HKS loaders with no problems...

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Maybe it is a faulty operator valve.
:D. Give this a try, when the cylinder is open all the way, lift it up just a tad (so the loader is not touching the grip) and see if the speed loader will work better. I did have a loader that had five rounds nice and snug and one was loose when you shook it, so I had to twist the OD of the loader (not the knob) just a bit to make it work. Good luck to ya.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Safariland still makes speed loaders for the Security Six. I like them better then the H&K model.
Safariland gets my vote as well. The twist to load style of the HKS does not work well for me, as I tend to carry the loaders in my pocket. They always end up empty in the pocket with the loose rounds rattling around like a congresscritter looking for a bribe... er...donation.

When I carry my SP I use a 35mm film case with the speedloader to contain everything.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Safariland J-R4C works for both my Speed Six and Security Six. Buy 'em cheap from Amazon. I prefer the push-to-load-with-no-slip Safariland to the twist-and-jiggle-if-they-havn't-already-fallen-out-in-your-pocket HKS.

p.s. Safariland J-GL8C is for the GP100.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.