Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to buy a speed loader for my shot gun mossberg 500 8 shot but i figure they look simple enough to make...have any of you guys have made one or seen some plans for one its like 40 bux for two and some sort of clip ,they look like a pvc tube with a slit and some sort of pusher and the clip looks like a modded elevater I cant find any directions for them so im not sure if the clip is to aid in alignment or if i need it what and if so if i buy the factory one will i still be able to load unload manualy? thx

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
traded my brother his marlin 60 newer style he had it messed up fix all the bugs and disided i could make a speed loader i took 2 mc donalds straws blocked of one end taped the two togeter verticaly and mad a plug for the other end.....pull the mag tube out pull the plug off and pour 14 rounds instantly...im going to fin some real pvc or metal pipes make about 20 of them so much quicker.....but ive seen the ispa (sp) vids and they load there pumps real quick any ideas

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Not sure but i think the shotguns themselves require some special modifications for use of those speedloaders.

From a pure tactical standpoint, i think a side saddle mount or the speed feed stock might make a better option especially in carrying different loads.
I've known several officers that went with speed feed stocks/side saddles for use of carrying buck/slugs. The thinking is to be able to switch to slugs if needed or to top off the magazine as needed and never let the mag go dry to begin with.
Also makes carrying extra rounds a less of a headache as opposed to trying to carry dedicated speedloaders for a shotgun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts