Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Can someone point me in the direction to get a schematic or disassembly/reassembly instructions? I'd like to give my six a detailed cleaning before I send it off to it's new home but I'm afraid to take it apart without some guidance. Not very mechanically inclined but I can turn a wrench and follow instructions.

Thanks

·
Registered
589 Posts
Although the design is a little different from the GP if I remember correctly you still have to be careful not to launch the paw spring. If you pull the trigger slightly after the trigger assembly is remove from the frame the paw will rotate forward and release the spring. I suggest if you disassemble the trigger assembly that the first time you do it in a clear plastic bag that way any springs that are inadvertently released don't go flying across the room.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Hi,

Can someone point me in the direction to get a schematic or disassembly/reassembly instructions? I'd like to give my six a detailed cleaning before I send it off to it's new home but I'm afraid to take it apart without some guidance. Not very mechanically inclined but I can turn a wrench and follow instructions.

Thanks
I had a Security Six that I sent back to ruger for a refinish and just for the hell of it, I decided to disassemble it knowing that they would put it back together. Well, let me tell you that there is a trigger return spring that is absolutely impossible to get back in without a jig of sorts so my advice is DON'T TAKE IT APART!

·
Registered
589 Posts
The trigger return spring and plunger are captive in the trigger assembly.

For cleaning purposes all you really need to do is remove the trigger assembly from the frame, spray it out with a cleaner degreaser and just enough oil to protect the finish.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts