Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2 3/4" Speed Six in 9 MM. The gun binds on the recoil shield, with several different brands of ammo. The 1/2 moon and the Full moon clips both do it. I tried to reduce their thickness, but didnt help very much. I thought Inhad it rectified, but no luck.
Has anyone else had a similar issue with their 9 mm speed six?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you tried more than one type of ammo to see if this helps.
Yes, as I mentioned. Happens with several brands. American Eagle, Aquila, Speer, Cci Blazer Brass, Sellier and Bellot,Winchester White box and Remington.
I can shoot the gun without clips, but ejecting cases is slow and a bit annoying.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yes, as I mentioned. Happens with several brands. American Eagle, Aquila, Speer, Cci Blazer Brass, Sellier and Bellot,Winchester White box and Remington.
I can shoot the gun without clips, but ejecting cases is slow and a bit annoying.
Yes, I too have the same gun, and have experienced the same thing..... I did some reading up on it and it seems if your half or full moon clips are bent even a little, they bind. And they bend very easily if you dont use the proper tool to load, unload them. I was going to try this setup someday when I get the extra cash, but I hate to have to spend approx $300 just to shoot my gun.

Welcome to TK Custom.com & Moonclips.com
Welcome to TK Custom.com & Moonclips.com
http://www.tkcustom.com/cart/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=64&cat=Ruger+Unloading+Tools

On the other hand, I really dont want to sell the gun either. Guess I'll try.... Some of my half moons shoot ok, but they only need be tweaked a tiny bit to become useless

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My gun exhibits the problem with full moon clips as well as th factory 1/2 moon clips. I think a few thousands off the recoil shield would solve the problem. That or thinner clips. Lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts