Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a goodie box of reloading items. In the box also I found two sets of Ruger grips for the double actions
I would like to sell but have no idea what they are selling for
Please help if you can

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Depends on what they are and which frame. 150-prefix grips are pretty scarce and fetch handsome prices. Speed Six grips will be less common than Security Six. There are target grips as well. Then there's condition, color, grain. You would have to provide more details and photos to get any good feedback.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Those look good, they're "151+" prefix "skinny grips" as they're called. They look new, probably take offs from when someone put Pachmayrs or some other grips on a new Six series.

These grips get maybe $20-30 on GB or FleaBay, they are pretty common and most people don't tend to prefer them for actual shooting. I like them, but I've got a bag full of PD take off panels already:)

The later Rosewood panels with the pretty grain tend to get more, and also the rarer non-checkered ones. Those are the more common type, but you'll definitely find someone who needs them and probably get $50-60 for the pair of them.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
If the screw is blue they came off a blued gun. If stainless a stainless gun. It looks like the one on the right is blue and the left is stainless but it's hard to tell for certain in the photo. I believe the right set is older with the metal medallion backer but I could be wrong.

Like ExArmy said these are the most common panels and they're pretty easy to find. eBay and GB usually has a bunch for sale.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
The irony is, in the 80's and 90's most people took the woods off their new wheeguns and put Pachmayrs on them...........now, people want the original woods to "restore" those same guns:)

So, you can sell those grips to someone who just bought a Six with busted up Pachs or Hogues on it, there's always a market for factory wood.

My Dad's S&W 586 wore Pachs since 1989, last year I put the original wood Targets back on, now it's "right" again:)

·
Registered
76 Posts
I got my Security Six around 1980 and I put pachmayrs on it. It originally had the target grips and they disappeared long ago. I think about getting wood grips so when Waveform mentioned the 150 prefix I thought I would look and see what my Six is.

Where did they hide the serial number?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Where did they hide the serial number?
Right on the bottom of the grip frame. With stock grips there's a small opening/widow on the base of the wood grip. (the wood grip is about a 1/4" longer then the metal frame)
My 1982 model had the target grips and when I put the Hogue mono grips, it covered it up.:D

·
Registered
793 Posts
If you want to sell them quickly, I would list them for $25 each shipped since they appear new. I have seen many on GB and ebay sit for a long time. I bought all these, new never installed, in early 2013 from one seller for $12 each but prices do seem to be going up. The top 6 are the harder to find non checkered grips that seem to go for a little more.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts