Ruger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
I've had a 6" barrel, Security six stainless (.357 mag)model for about 3-4 years now. It's possibly the last handgun I would ever part with.................they are that good!:cool:

·
Super Moderator
22,134 Posts
Pics please, that way we can share it with you. :)

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,890 Posts
Got one and I like it!

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I have two Security Sixes. The 6" has grips like yours.

The 2.75" has Hogues which makes it a serious shooting gun when it comes to shooting. It's my living room gun.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Yes, my living room gun is also a Speed Six, a 4" .357 I put a "speed" hammer in.

I also have a Boston PD .38 4" Speed Six and a 2.75" .357 I use as a winter carry gun.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It had black Pachmyrs on it which I hate. I like "classic" looking guns. That's why my entire long gun collection is made up of lever actions.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I don't like big target grips on snub revolvers. But I like those wooden Ruger target grips fine on the four-inch and six-inch barreled guns. They feel very good in the hand, unlike S&W target grips, which are too thick.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have couple, a SS Speed Six 2.75 outfitted with Compac pachmayr grips fits my larger hands like my GP does but concealable also have its non-identical twin a SS 2.75 Security Six that can handle a defensive load well and even a lot of target .357 loads for staying sharp. IMO

·
Registered
574 Posts
Ruger needs to reissue them again. Still don't understand why they quit making them.
Completely agree. About the best d/a revolver they ever produced. Im currently on the lookout for a 2 3/4" Speed six in 357 mag. Stainless or blue whichever I stumble across first.
Have a 2 3/4 stainless one in 9MM already.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts