Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
positive or negative evaluations of brands of speed strips to be purchased for use with a 44 caliber revolver would be appreciated

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I picked up a cheap set of speed strips for my Alaskan on eBay and wasted my money. They will hold rounds well enough but are knock offs that are cheaper and bend when loaded so it is difficult to properly lineup with the chambers when trying to reload. Spend the extra few bucks and get a name brand like Bianchi or Tuff Strips which I've never had a problem with for 38SPL.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I prefer Bianchi. Tuff strip tend to form a curve once they are loaded
I too, like the Bianchi strips. I have both and the Tuff strips are well, tough...to load. Too tough for me. They both "feed" (unload) about the same.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
info appreciated .... I'm going to Cabela's tomorrow and will look to see if they handle Bianchi speed strips

·
Registered
60 Posts
positive or negative evaluations of brands of speed strips to be purchased for use with a 44 caliber revolver would be appreciated
I have carried speed strips for a long time for my S & W Bodyguard .38 and I also use them for my Ruger .44 Mag New Model Blackhawk 50th Anniversary. They are very easy to carry !

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have carried speed strips for a long time for my S & W Bodyguard .38 and I also use them for my Ruger .44 Mag New Model Blackhawk 50th Anniversary. They are very easy to carry !
what brand do you find gives you the best service

1 - 8 of 8 Posts