Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any difference between the Speer Lawman 9mm 124 Gr.TMC and the Blazer Brass 9mm 124 gr. FMC?
Both appear to have the same spec's and they look the same except for the head stamp. Difference in cost is relatively minor.
Both made by CCI/Speer Vista Outdoor.
I have shot BB and it seems to be very good. I have not shot Speer Lawman. Trying to decide which to order in bulk.

mb

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Is there any difference between the Speer Lawman 9mm 124 Gr.TMC and the Blazer Brass 9mm 124 gr. FMC?
Both appear to have the same spec's and they look the same except for the head stamp. Difference in cost is relatively minor.
Both made by CCI/Speer Vista Outdoor.
I have shot BB and it seems to be very good. I have not shot Speer Lawman. Trying to decide which to order in bulk.

mb
I have used both and never noticed an appreciable difference in the two really.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I shot 50 rounds each of both the other day and didn't notice a difference in performance or cleanliness.

What I did check after looking them over is one is .004 longer than the other. :D

Buy the cheaper of the two.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy either in bulk. very good rounds.

EDIT: I also shot Aguila and Geco (Hungary made non-magnetic) and they shot great too. Thing is they're all about the same price. Everything shot was 124gr.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I shot 50 rounds each of both the other day and didn't notice a difference in performance or cleanliness.

What I did check after looking them over is one is .004 longer than the other. :D

Buy the cheaper of the two.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy either in bulk. very good rounds.

EDIT: I also shot Aguila and Geco (Hungary made non-magnetic) and they shot great too. Thing is they're all about the same price. Everything shot was 124gr.
Ed: Thanks for the info.

mb

·
Registered
173 Posts
Ed: Thanks for the info.

mb
You're welcome Marty.

The reason I bought the different brands was to determine what worked best in my 9E just so I could buy in bulk. Figured if I had FTFi, FTE, or FTFe with any they would be a no-go. All worked perfectly.

I'm sticking to 124gr because my go-to SD round will most likely be Speer Lawman GDHP 124gr.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Marty about 3 weeks ago I called Speer to ask the exact same question you asked regarding the comparison of 124gr Blazer Brass and Lawman, here is what I was told. The plating on the Blazer Brass is thinner than the plating on the Lawman and the powder used is also slightly different. I asked if there is a differences in accuracy but due to differences in guns, the shooter etc. its not possible to say for sure. He did tell me the Lawman was designed to be more closely compatible with the Gold Dot, something like what Winchester did with their Train and Defend ammunition, although its not marketed that way. The Blazer Brass was designed to compete more closely with the lower priced offerings from other manufacturers, my guess is its cheaper to make giving more profit than the Lawman.
Hope this helps. J L

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Marty about 3 weeks ago I called Speer to ask the exact same question you asked regarding the comparison of 124gr Blazer Brass and Lawman, here is what I was told. The plating on the Blazer Brass is thinner than the plating on the Lawman and the powder used is also slightly different. I asked if there is a differences in accuracy but due to differences in guns, the shooter etc. its not possible to say for sure. He did tell me the Lawman was designed to be more closely compatible with the Gold Dot, something like what Winchester did with their Train and Defend ammunition, although its not marketed that way. The Blazer Brass was designed to compete more closely with the lower priced offerings from other manufacturers, my guess is its cheaper to make giving more profit than the Lawman.
Hope this helps. J L
Thank You,
I appreciate the info.

mb

1 - 7 of 7 Posts