Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
While a spell check would be nice, it is not practical. It would cause too much "overhead" on the forum, thus degrading speed and performance. Sorry.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,434 Posts
You can download the Google tool bar for Internet Explorer. It has a spell checker that works very well. I have it on my computer, located just under the Address bar, and use it a lot.

·
Registered
758 Posts
If you download the latest version of Firefox, it has a spell checker built in. Or, what I usually do is type everything on my word processor and then cut and paste it.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
quote:Originally posted by bunzo351

If you download the latest version of Firefox, it has a spell checker built in. Or, what I usually do is type everything on my word processor and then cut and paste it.
Thanks for the tip. I was still using l.5 and I downloaded the 2.0 and the Spell checker works on posts here. Same as having a spell checker on the Board. :D

·
Registered
758 Posts
Easy is good! Like that commercial on TV with the easy button!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
we have an easy button here too wow

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Firefox has so many powerful tools and more being added daily that it is to good to be ignored. Anything less is archaic.

You can do hundreds of things with Firefox extensions that can not be done with Internet Explorer. IE 7 is Firefox .01 four years later.

If all you are using is IE than you are way behind the curve.

Let's bring up the rear gentlemen.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have the latest version of Firefox, it's spell checker is pretty good.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I have gone back to I.E. after using Firefox for a couple of years. There are several financial sites that I use that just do not support Firefox, and tell you so when you try to use it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.