Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took my SP101 to the range to give the new hammer and trigger springs a good workout. Put 70+ down the pipe. No misfires...good solid impressions on the primers.

The squeeze and cock and aim drill that I practice as I sit and watch t.v. is more acute with the new spring arrangement and has paid off giving me some nice grouping at 15 and 25 feet.

I am very pleased with the results.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Dry firing a revolver goes a long way in trigger control, particularly with trigger work. Good shooting.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the compliments and encouragement. That target pic is representative of 10 total targets. The average was a 3" grouping ...there were two with a 5" grouping. There was a couple additional targets where I employed rapid fire and the grouping spread out a little larger. All in all I was consistent in center of mass. That consistency i have to attribute to the nightly drill I employ. My next outing will be an excersize in point and shoot. I've been working on that drill too. I can say that's one good thing about the cold winter evenings....to darn cold to go out...so I can work on my shooting drills.

I've put a lot of rounds thru my Security Six over the years...but never have I enjoyed that as much as I have the SP101...this revolver just feels so right in my hand. I really, really like shooting this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts